NC DHHS Recommends Limiting Sports Activities to Those in Which Participants Can Maintain Social Distancing, or Close Contact is Limited and Brief: Examples include golf, baseball, softball, cycling, swimming, diving, dance, tennis, disc golf, horseback riding, track and field, figure skating, curling, running, and pickleball.
• If you are feeling sick or showing any signs of COVID-19, stay home!
• Coaches are responsible for monitoring team members for symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. More information on how to monitor for symptoms is available from the CDC.
• Coaches, players, umpires, scorekeepers, event officials, event staff and spectators who arrive symptomatic or develop symptoms will be required to exit the venue.
• Please note that parents/guardians of youth players are now required to sign a new “POST COVID-19 USSSA Waiver.” The signing process is done by logging in to the individual’s guardian or player account on USSSA.com.
o Players who do not have a waiver signed (by a parent/guardian for youth players) will be moved off of their roster and into a “pending” status. Once the new waiver is signed, the player will be returned to their team’s official playing roster.
• Per CDC guidelines, if a coach, player, umpire, scorekeeper, event official, event staff or spectators has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is presumed positive by a medical professional due to symptoms, they should stay home until: o No fever for at least 72 hours since recovery (without the use of fever reducing medicine AND o Other symptoms have improved (i.e. coughing, shortness of breath) AND o At least 10 days have passed since first symptoms • Per CDC guidelines, if a coach, player, umpire, scorekeeper, event official, event staff or spectator has been diagnosed with COVID-19 but does not have symptoms, they should remain out of sports activity until 10 days have passed since the date of their first positive COVID-19 diagnostic test, assuming they have not subsequently developed symptoms since their positive test.
• Please follow all directives from event officials, park officials and all signage or markings. Failure to do so will result in ejection from the event venue.
Click here for NC DHHS FAQ regarding wearing masks. UPDATE: 6/26/2020 Masks are required by Governor Cooper when indoors (Restrooms) or outside if you can't position yourself 6' apart from other people.
• Players may wear PPE as long as it doesn’t compromise their safety or the safety of others on the field.
• ALL event officials, staff, umpires, coaches, players, spectators must practice social distancing of six (6) feet or more apart as much as possible. Teams should avoid group activities outside of the playing field, including but not limited to, batting practice, pepper, team drills, team meetings and team meals.
• The nursery field and the festival area up top are great places to warm up while social distancing. DO NOT approach the field until the previous team has departed and the area has been cleaned.
• Players may not share equipment (i.e. helmets, bats, etc.)
• Keep Clean! Teams are encouraged to supply their players with antibacterial wipes for disinfecting equipment in between innings and in between games. ALL are encouraged to wash hands (for at least 20 seconds) or apply hand sanitizer as often as necessary. We strongly recommend applying hand sanitizer in between innings, as well as, immediately prior to and following any physical or face to face contact. Face to face contact should be minimal. Teams are required to clean their dugout areas of all trash, equipment and other items after each game. Team personnel should wipe down and disinfect the dugout area’s hard surfaces prior to and after each game. City of Morganton staff will disinfect the bathrooms regularly.
• No shared drink bottles or coolers. We recommend that each player has their own drink bottles or small coolers.
• No handshakes, high-fives or other physical contact between players, coaches and umpires.
• Spectators will be now be allowed to sit in the infield/dugout area but not directly behind backstop.
• No parents allowed on the field at any time.
• Please refrain from spitting. Sunflower seeds are banned.