THORGUARD LIGHTNING PREDICTION SYSTEM STAFF AND PARK GUEST PROCEDURES
The Thorguard Lightning Prediction System will sound a “Red Alert” via one 15 second horn blast and a strobe light will begin flashing on top of the BOOMBAH Soldiers Creek Park Administration Building when lightning threatens our immediate area.
The following procedures will be followed by all park staff when a “Red Alert” sounds:
- Park Staff will utilize the PA system to announce that all Park guests are REQUIRED to seek shelter immediately in their cars.
- The Event Holder/Renter will be contacted via phone call/walkie talkie to confirm the “Red Alert” has sounded.
- The “Red Alert” message will be posted via the Thorguard Mobile App to all Event Holders, Renters, and patrons.
- All Event Holders/Renters must aid the Park Staff in communicating to park guests that the playing surfaces, dugouts, batting cages, playground, etc., (restricted areas) are CLOSED.
- Park Staff will continue to monitor all playing surfaces/restricted areas with video cameras. Additional PA announcements may need to be made to reinforce the clearance of playing surfaces/restricted areas.
- Park Staff will maintain communication with Event Holders, Renters, Maintenance Staff, and Concessions regarding any schedule changes, postponements, or cancellations due to the lightning delay.
Activities may resume ONLY after the “All Clear” horn sounds via three 5 second horn blasts. The strobe light on top of the BOOMBAH Soldiers Creek Park Administration Building will stop flashing when the “All Clear” sounds.
- Park Staff will utilize the PA system to announce that it is safe to resume activity.
- Park Staff will contact the Event Holder/Renter via phone call/walkie talkie to confirm the “All Clear” has sounded and that it is now safe to resume activity.