Rules for the T- Bolts 5 Star Fall Exposure Showcase
Games are 80 min drop dead, finish the batter. If last batter is walked or hit-by-pitch the count starts over for that batter. Game cannot end with a walk or hit by batter.
Anytime during game that a batter walked or hit-by-pitch the batter will receive a fresh count and a runner will be put on first base.
Please no sacrifice bunting in the 14U and 16U divisions. Slappers that use drag bunts as part of their game is perfectly acceptable but please no sac bunting to move runners over. College coaches are not looking for bunters, they are looking for hitters. We cannot and will not enforce this as a rule. We are just politely asking teams not do this.
College Coach Requests:
A batter may bat an additional time for a college coach. In this situation if the batter was walked or awarded first base a runner will be placed on first. If they hit previously then the runner is removed for the second at bat. This is only meant to give a college coach a chance to watch the batter hit and not to give the player an extra at bat. Outs and runs will count for the additional at bat in all cases. Each at bat starts with a new count.
NEW RULE: Home team determined by coin flip at beginning of game
- Games will be 80 min Drop Dead, Finish the Batter
· Be warmed up ready to start games as soon as previous game finishes
· Game Balls will be provided by 5 Star Staff
· You may bat a minimum of 9 batters and up to 15 batters. Please maintain integrity of the original batting order.
· You may freely make defensive subs without reporting them, including Pitchers. You may also freely play players on defense that are not in batting lineup.
· It will be mandatory for you to pinch run for the Catcher that will be catching the next half inning.
· You may run for your Pitcher with any kid on your roster.
· Non-Pitchers need to run for themselves unless there is an injury situation and you want to protect them. If you have a kid that has a bad ankle, knee, etc., you may run for them to maintain their safety. This weekend is to get the girls exposure and keep them safe. Please do not abuse pinch running rules to try and win a game that does not really matter.
· The college coaches are not looking for the best bunters in the park. UNLESS THE BATTER IS A SLAPPER PLEASE NO SAC BUNTING. LET THE KIDS HIT AND SHOW THE COACHES HOW THEY SWING THE BAT. We cannot enforce this rule, but this is proper etiquette in Showcase Softball. We don’t mean to insult those of you that understand this, but it is amazing how many coaches do this at exposures and rob their kids of at bats with college coaches watching. If you have a committed kid batting and want to bunt her then bunt away if you would like.
SCORING: Showcase scoring is all runs for every at bat count, but we will not display more than a plus 7 differential. Example 13-0 will be recorded as 7-0. The actual score is recorded privately.
Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Tournament Staff are not authorized to render medical aid. If medical aid is required, we have trainers scheduled for the tournament. If a trainer is not available call 911 for immediate medical assistance.